Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Recap on how to set goals. Part (4) day four

I was looking for an online home based business and I used goal setting successfully and found exactly what I was looking for. You may have a burning desire for something but not know how to go about getting it. Why not try goal setting as a starting point. I have given you my blue print that has worked successfully for me many times in the past.

These are some tips that I have covered that will keep you on target:

Be specific and know what you want. Don’t be vague and unsure. If you don’t know what you want how can you get it?

Do have a time line. If you want to go to college give yourself (4) years. Not having a definite time to graduate means you could get your degree in (10) years or never.

Brainstorm at the beginning of your goal setting process any obstacles or challenges that could emerge and sabotage your great plans. If your goals are long term do this frequently.

Goals must be written down to embed them into your subconscious. When goals are not written down on paper it is a dream and we all know what happens to dreams. We forget about them.

Have a plan of action. This is what, when and how in the accomplishment of your goal. The more detail the plan the better your chances are for success.

You absolutely must have a passion or compelling and burning desire to go after what you want. There will be obstacles that come up and your passion for your goal will keep you on target. Giving up will not be an option.

State your outcome in positive ways. Engage your feelings. Become emotionally attached to your goal.

Read and state your goal daily. The best time is first time in the morning and the last thing before going to bed. If I have a challenge I will ask my subconscious how to solve it just before going to sleep but before I affirm a good night sleep and I get an answer that I act on immediately. This is why people use the phrase "let me sleep on it."

Focus. What you focus on expands and become part of your reality.

Step into your goal. Visualize and become a part of it in the present as if it is already here. How does it feel to have what you want. How will you look, how will you dress, how will you act, where will you live, what will you drive. Who are your friends, how will your family react to the accomplishment of this goal. This is fun. Enjoy.

Make sure you control the outcome of your goal and not need any one else to change for you to achieve what you want. Be the one in control.

Treat yourself to a special gift when you reach your goal. Don't cheat yourself. Celebrate your successess. When I quit smoking for (3) months I purchased an emerald and diamond tennis braclet to celebrate. That was 18 years ago. I love that braclet, I feel good when I wear it. It reminds me that I am successful.

We gave the definition of a goal as the end in which effort is directed. Know that your goal will require effort and work. There is always a price to pay.

After all this is done the fun begins. After you attain your goal you feel powerful, in control of your life and your self esteem will jump 200%. In pursuit of your goal who have your become?

It is my sincere hope that you received something from this series that can speed up your learning curve on goal setting and make your life what you want. Keep it simple and go easy on yourself.

This 4 day series on goal setting is a reality. Goals were made to see this project as a certainty. I wrote (4) articles, (4) press releases and (4) videos. It is done.

Visit my website to check out my new business.

Honor yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment