Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Storms of Life

I spent many years living in Florida and the weather there taught me great lessons about life.

I especially remember an early morning before dawn. I was awaken by thunder that rumbled and made my house shutter. The lightening was so sharp that it lit my bedroom like daylight.
Our dog Ralphy was scared of bad weather, he jumped in the bed with my husband and I. Now I am one of these people who sleep like a log with the rain and inclement weather. So why was I not in a dreamy restful sleep?

I realized that I had gone to bed worried and depressed. I woke up with that same sick feeling. My business that I was growing was not going well. The more I pondered and worried about my situation the louder the thunder and the sharper the lightening. The rain was so loud against the windows it sounded like hail. Maybe it was.

As time passed dawn came with a thick black cloud cover. Gradually…the thunder and lightening lessoned and the rain subsided. The cloud cover gradually throughout the day rolled over and the sun shone through.

As the morning progressed I thought about how frightening the storm was and how beautiful the day turned out. The air was clean, fresh and the grass and trees looked greener. The sky was that brilliant blue we all love and recognize. The storm gave us much needed water to drink. Then I remembered the ole saying…no water…no food. Though scary as the storm was much good came from it.

Suddenly, I felt so much better. I realized that in my life I go through bad and trying times that are dark and scary like that storm. When I go through those times I now ask myself what lessons can I learn from what I am now experiencing and what good can come of it.

I know without a doubt that If I remain focused on where I want to go and not concentrate on where I am any storm I am living through will also pass like the storms of nature. It is all the same thing? So, hold on.


Check out Harriette's money tree here.

Love, tolerance and peace,

Harriette Blye

Your Million Dollar Mentor

No comments:

Post a Comment