Saturday, June 20, 2009

Why I refuse to make cold calls and make the dreaded list.

I really got good at making cold calls. I was so good that I stopped buying leads and started calling from the phone book. I made more sales cold calling the phone book than the leads I paid my hard earned dollars for. My dollars were hard earned at that time.

I got to the point in my development that I enjoyed cold calling the phone book. I had a technique and it worked really good. There was one huge problem with this system and yes it was a system. It was not duplicatible. Almost everyone else hated to call folks, even those they know well. So yes I could get a few sales but I did not get growth and duplication. Cold calling leads that I purchased and phone book leads take skills that has to be taught and developed over a time period. If one does not have self confidence they will get demolished.

Cold calling is not for the beginner in marketing.

Calling your friends and family from your warm market is a challenge as well. It could be that you have chatted with them before about a business venture that did not go well or perhaps they know you so well they would not believe you under any conditions. Most of all with our warm market, those we know we do not want to sell, sell and sell. What a drag that is.

I now refuse to make cold calls because I don't have to anymore. The company I am with now has taught me how to be hunted and have folks looking for me. If you want to learn how to do this, you can click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment